What's this about?

Ladies and gents our story begins with our author who one day packed up his bags to spend the next 5 years of his life on some tropical island far far away. This land is not like any place he has ever been to before. There is no telling of what he may encounter during his stay there but one thing is sure he is going to be in for one crazy adventure. And this is where you get to read about it.

What you say?


Free shoutbox @ ShoutMix

Readers beware!

The stories told here maybe appear larger than in real life and at times may even appear outlandish. However, all actual events are in fact real (well, most of them). What may appear as a distortion of reality to some may only be due to the author's perspective of the actual events. Some say he is just not right in the head.

Wednesday, March 22, 2006

Stranded

Been trying for the past two days to reserve a flight back home but I haven't been able to get a hold of anyone. None of the numbers for this airline company or for the ticket agency that my parents supposedly got the ticket from are active in Manila. Not even the ones on their website work. It says on the ticket to call in to reserve your flight, but how the hell do you do that? Makes you wonder what kind of company this really is. I could understand why some little shop on the corner around here doesn't have a phone line but an "international" airline without an office phone line? Did someone forget to pay the bill?


This traveling coconut dealer has a business line but Cathay Pacific doesn't.

Maybe this is a sign. Yes, I see it now. It's all coming together... This whole idea about coming to the Philippines for med school was just an evil plot to dispose of me!

Unnamed Parent: "Oh, there's nice beaches where you'll be going."
Where?

Unnamed Parent: "A lot of celebrities like vacationing there also."
Who?

Unnamed Parent: "And don't worry if you don't know the language because all you're professors will be speaking to you in English."
When?

Unnamed Parent: "If you don't like it there you can come back anytime. It's an open date ticket."
Shit.

After, those first three lines of bulls#!& I should have known the rest was going to be the same. They probably didn't think I would still be alive until now but I am. Just got to figure out some way back to the States now. There's no way I can walk. Maybe I could swim. ...

Gonna try one last time to call this so called airline company, using their number in the States. So I went out and bought a calling card earlier today because I know it's going to be one expensive call. I was already having a shitty day too and the lady stiffs me on my change. It was only P10 ($.20) but it was the principle of it all. I've been there several times before and I know how much the card cost. The difference this time was that I actually had to speak, in stead of just point. I tried to ask her where my change was but she just smiled and told me I didn't have any. That's f@#$*%-up. Why do we foreigners got to be such a mark out here? I should have grabbed her by neck as she lied to me in my faced but I just walked away.

One of these days though, someone is going to piss me off and I'm not going to be able to just walk away. And then that person is just going to have a shit load of pent-up frustration unloaded on them.

"This is for the jeepni driver that took my 20 pesos, the burger stand lady that charged me double, and that @*#$ who didn't give back my 10 pesos."

Yeah, I'm really loving it out here, even all the way up to the very end.

1 Comments:

Anonymous mabby said...

i'm sorry if my country sucks for you. . :(
and yeah i sympathize with the teachers. they never did a better job. but there are some who did, maybe you're just unlucky you never had those good teachers.

4:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home