What's this about?

Ladies and gents our story begins with our author who one day packed up his bags to spend the next 5 years of his life on some tropical island far far away. This land is not like any place he has ever been to before. There is no telling of what he may encounter during his stay there but one thing is sure he is going to be in for one crazy adventure. And this is where you get to read about it.

What you say?


Free shoutbox @ ShoutMix

Readers beware!

The stories told here maybe appear larger than in real life and at times may even appear outlandish. However, all actual events are in fact real (well, most of them). What may appear as a distortion of reality to some may only be due to the author's perspective of the actual events. Some say he is just not right in the head.

Monday, February 13, 2006

Tissue please

There I was about to get more of my favorite Filipino dish, lechon kawali. It's mainly pork meat and fat. Well, mostly fat, fried in more fat. Umm-mmm-mmm, yummy. Yeah so it's probably not the healthiest thing to eat in this country. In fact eating this everyday is probably the easiest way to raise your cholesterol levels which would eventually lead to other health problems for you such as atherosclerosis, hypercholesterolemia, and hypertension.

Anyway, as I stood there about to ask for another order of the coronary destroying juice fat laced pork my nose starts dripping. I first thought it was just snot so I didn't think much of it until I whipped it away with my hand and saw that my hand was bright red. My nose was bleeding (a possible early sign of hypertension ) and soon began to flow like a fountain. I didn't have any tissue so I turned around to look for someone and there was this pharmacy student staring right at me. I asked him if he had a tissue and then watched him slowly turned his back to me. I waited for a little while to see if he was going to turn back around with a napkin or something but I soon realized he was about to do no such thing. Maybe he didn't hear me over the noise of the rushing blood flowing from my nose. I don't know.

After that incident I figured I wasn't going to be getting much help from people around me so I stood there contemplating on what to next. Do I jus try to suck it up? Pray that it will stop soon? Or do I walk all the way back to the canteen where my friend, Kissey, was to get some help. I didn't want to draw too much attention to my self by walking down the street with all this blood gushing everywhere but I figured it didn't really matter. People were already staring, the majority of them all in the health profession but not one of them seemed like they were about to offer me any help. Maybe they could already tell I didn't have any health insurance so they just said #@$^ it, "how is he going to pay for my fee?" Perfectly understandable.

So I figured it would be best to run back to where Kissey was as quickly as possible since I was obviously not going to get any help here. When I got there the ladies working at the canteen took a much more caring attitude towards me. They took me to the back right away and got me some cold rags and ice to place on top of my head. They were really kind. I couldn't understand a word they said but they seemed really nice. After I left and paid for my food I wanted to leave a tip but they wouldn't accept it at all.

And to come to think that they're the ones in the food service profession making a living off waiting on people; not someone studying to be in a health profession which was meant to actually help people.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home