What's this about?

Ladies and gents our story begins with our author who one day packed up his bags to spend the next 5 years of his life on some tropical island far far away. This land is not like any place he has ever been to before. There is no telling of what he may encounter during his stay there but one thing is sure he is going to be in for one crazy adventure. And this is where you get to read about it.

What you say?


Free shoutbox @ ShoutMix

Readers beware!

The stories told here maybe appear larger than in real life and at times may even appear outlandish. However, all actual events are in fact real (well, most of them). What may appear as a distortion of reality to some may only be due to the author's perspective of the actual events. Some say he is just not right in the head.

Sunday, October 29, 2006

The wildlife

Coming to live in a tropical country I was expecting to see a lot of strange and unusual creatures (other than human). You know like what you see on the National Georpahic channel. However, that hasn't been the case. Usually the only wild life I see here are the house gekos and toads.


I think I have three of them living in my dorm.

Then the storm came and brought a few other interesting creatures (other than human).



This guy was hanging out in one of my dormmate's room during the storm. I don't know what was more surprising, the bat taking shelter in her room or her not caring at all that it was there.

Oh and guess who's room was it Kissey? Ooh, I know you're jelous.



Right after the storm I saw this guy chewing on papaya leaves. It's kind of hard to determine this guy's size by just looking at the picture. It was huge, about 4 – 5 inches. I have never seen a grasshopper that big.

When I was little me and my cousins would catch grasshoppers in the field next to my grandfather's house. Some times we wold pull off the head and then put it back and watch them hop away. For reals.



On the first day of class this guy decided to also show up. He was sitting up near the top of the wall. I wanted to get a better shot but I didn't exactly feel like reaching up there and pulling him down to do it. Like the locust this spider was one of the biggest of it's kind I have ever seen. And as you can see not only was it big it was hairy.

Well that's all wildlife (other than human) I have necountered for now. Stay tuned for more strange and exotic creatures (other than human) to come.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home